NLP model follows and builds upon GROW. It is a more complete model that includes tools to help our clients answer the questions that need to be answered . We use the GROW model in the first place to compete the exploration and path-setting phase
Each of these elements on their own can improve the likelihood of success. Together they provide a powerful success system.
- Beginning Frame. How we set the scene for any interaction.
- State. Our mental/physical condition in that moment.
- Outcome. What our client wants to achieve.
- The quality of communication between us and our client.
- Current Situation. What our client is already doing to achieve their outcome and/or to stop them achieving it.
- Technique or task. Actions to achieve an outcome.
- Future pace. Mentally rehearsing actions to achieve an outcome.
- End Frame. What we say at the end of an interaction to support our client in achieving their outcome.
- Follow up, Following up whatever happens and using the information from this to determine what we do next.
I always emphasize the importance of creating options for our clients. An option, as I define it, is only a theoretical option, (more like a dilemma) until our client knows what to do, the reason for doing it, knows how to do it and is prepared to do it. When these conditions are met it’s truly an option supported by an insight.
Why is NLP so useful?
NLP is an attitude, normally of curiosity, which leads to the modelling of success.
This then leads to a number of techniques, so that what is learned from that initial modelling can be repeated and passed on to others. In addition, practicing these techniques will increase your logical, emotional, and intuitive thinking, like practicing exercises in a gym will build your physical strength, flexibility and endurance.
When NLP is built into habits, it is likely to help you to accomplish more than you currently think is possible.
What is NLP used for?
NLP can be used for personal and business development.
For personal development it’s used to clarify purpose and direction, improve relationships and overcome challenges such as anxieties and phobias.
In business it’s used to improve coaching, sales, leadership, communication and influence.
If you’re already a good coach, sales person and / or leader, then NLP can be an effective amplifier to help you become a really great coach, sales person and leader.
NLP techniques make us more self-aware.
The more we practice, the better we get. A side benefit of practicing NLP techniques is that we become more self-aware – as long as we continually notice the results we get!
If we do notice and treat the results as information to help us decide what to do next, then, we will invariably be more self aware and help our clients at the same time.